Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Virtual Weather Station Version 13.00p01

I uploaded the new version on the server. There were a couple of issues with Version 13.00p00. The VantagePro and VantagePro 2 windspeed was not updating, and I found that I had mixed some of the new DLL components with the old VantagePro dll components, and everything worked except the windspeed (they had changed the casting from an integer to a float). Anyway, problem solved, download the new version here:

http://www.wunderground.com/autoasp/downloads/vws_install.exe

I did receive a comment that Version 13.00p00 crashed as soon as one customer ran it, and hopefully it was solved with the new version. If not, I can pinpoint why this occurred by creating a debugging application.

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I ran into the same problem with it crashing upon install and restart. To resolve I uninstalled VWS from control panel, rebooted and installed again. It seems to be stable now. I do have the technical data in a file if you'd like to see the debug info.

I would leave my email address here, but don't want anymore spam. I'm on your VWS forums as Dundeeweather so feel free to contact me if you want me to send the debug info.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Ambient Weather said...

Hanford -

Yes, you would simply install over the top of the existing version.

Greg - that is very strange. I would expect both installations to be the same. Were you running Weather Exchange at the same time? They share some DLLs. It would be interesting to know if you were not running Weather Exchange the second time.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Ambient Weather said...

hanford, Version 13.00p02 will take care of this crashing issue. Let me know if it does not. It was an issue with not installing the old version first.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Ed,

No I did not have Weather Exchange running at the same time. That isn't even installed on the system.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home